From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2012 13:34:34 -0400
While I agree that pitting beekeepers against farmers is a lose/lose battle, it is important to remember that many crops NEED bees. If the environment isn't safe for them, beekeepers are justified in pulling out, or raising prices for pollination

SEE:
Insect pollination enhances seed yield, quality, and market value in oilseed rape
Riccardo Bommarco, et al. Oecologia. Springer-Verlag 2012