HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2012 18:51:03 -0400
From:
Harding Polk <[log in to unmask]>
Let me point out that NGs association with pot/treasure hunters is not new.  They had a long association with Mel Fisher and his treasure hunting of the Atocha in the Florida Keys, as well as other underwater treasure hunting ventures.

In the mean time about a week ago American Diggers and the valuable goodies they had found was a featured news item on AOL.

The one time I happened to catch American Diggers I was not only appalled by their crass looting of a barn in Kentucky for old liquor still parts, rusty pistol, and currency in a jar, but by the incredible disregard for safety by using a frontend loader to lift up the corner of a roof of a collapsed barn while one of their guys slipped underneath to get some more still parts on a very wet rainy day.  While he was under it the roof slipped on the loader bucket (but did not completely slip off) and could have easily crushed him.  ....all for about 2-3 thousand dollars.  I guess that makes it all the more exciting.  Maybe future Darwin Award winners working here.

Harding Polk II