From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2012 20:11:32 -0500
> We marked them '8 oz', or '227 g' but most of them were about 10 oz in
> actual fact.

I would advise the same as Allen. I always use the weight which fits the
lowest weight container on my comb honey. The Kansas City "weights and
measures' has been after me for years for sitting out stacks of comb honey
the *same* price. The first to arrive grab the largest chunks and the last
to arrive fight over the last to sell "largest" size.

All weigh at least the lowest weight on the label but some are several
ounces heavier.

Ross rounds look pretty but I can cut a hundred comb honey from two boxes of
good comb (10 frames) and receive upwards of three hundred dollars a box.
Poor comb goes in jars of chunk honey (what happens to partly drawn Ross
Rounds?)

I use a special frame I make for comb honey and you can install 10 frames of
starter wax in a few minutes. I learned the method years ago from my friend
David Vanderdusen when David produced only comb honey from his hives and
claimed back then to be the largest producer and seller of comb honey in
Canada.

I used his style for a couple years then developed my own style frame.

I do not want to discourage use of my friend Lloyd Spears Ross Rounds but
only explaining why I use
frames.

bob