Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2012 07:21:44 -0400
On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Cam Bishop <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Nice post Bill. However, I am a cancer survivor and use "non-approved"
> supplements to fight my cancer.

I did too, but my Doctor agreed with it. I had malignant melanoma in a
lymph node. It was removed and  a bunch of nodes near it were eventually
also removed. The cancer had not spread. I attributed it to the bee stings
I administered for arthritis. MM sems to be influenced by the bodies immune
system, and Bob H had posted about how bee stings boosted his immune system
(by blood test). Since the standard treatment for MM was interferon, which
boosts the immune system (and also takes a year, is only 10% effective and
destroys your thyroid gland), I convinced my oncologist to let me continue
with bee stings.

The problem with both of us and our success is the fact that some people
are genetically designed to survive different cancers, as long as their
immune system is functioning properly. So, with beekeepers it is a
chicken/egg problem. Did the stings/honey/whatever do it or did genetics?

That led to my "Law of the Survivor". I had read of many different natural
cures for cancer and testimonials by those who used them. But I also read
studies that showed they did not work. The Law is, "Only survivors give
testimonials". You and I can give testimonials, but they probably will not
work on all or even a majority of those who have the same cancers we have
(you are never "cancer free" only have "no detectable cancer".) We may be
genetically disposed.

The interesting thing about this is that the approved treatment,
interferon, might also be ineffective and cause more problems than it
cures. About 7-20% (that shows how good the science is) of those who have
MM are genetically disposed to fight it effectively. Interferon is only 10%
effective. Like the bee stings, maybe it has nothing to do with survival
and it is just the body doing its thing.

Long post, but it mirrors what we do here on the list. Examine the study
and see if there are issues.. Otherwise, we are led down a path that may
not kill us but might (as in my case last year) kill our bees.

I found this real Albert Einstein quote- “A man should look for what is,
and not for what he thinks should be.” Sort of fits what we do here on the
BeeL.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine