Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2012 02:22:15 GMT
...I don't see any reason why being critical of a study would mean that one has to change their mind about anything.

I find myself agreeing with Bayer (I've been fighting the use of imidacloprid for ALB for years...I lost).

I find myself agreeing with the freaking HFCS manufacturers (we advertise the food at our conference as HFCS free and try to avoid the stuff whenever possible).

I just think that if you convince people of something with poor evidence, they can be just as easily swayed by poor evidence to the contrary.

In reading through the study, the whole thing appears to be written as if the original dosages were maintained throughout the test period.  ...all the text about sublethal doses would make sense, and it would be an interesting study.  In the end, they had to wait a long time for even the higher doses to kill the bees....it would be newsworthy.

deknow