Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2012 16:18:40 -0400
>This is not a criticism of your study--I found it very interesting to read
>your learning curve about sticky board counts, and to see the spikes
>following oxalic vapor treatment.  But that's as far as I think that you
>can legitimately go as far as conclusions, unless you do either a cleanup
>treatment or in-hive alcohol wash and brood sample to confirm the actual
>amount of mites still happily residing in the comfort of your tall, warm,
>styrofoam-insulated varroa hotels.

That was December.  What _do_ you think I can conclude now that I have
done a cleanup treatment and also followed the drops this far?

I'm still looking for any data on winter varroa population changes in a cold
climate winter period.  There was a chart on your site that implied that such
data exist else the chart could not created.

Does anyone have access to that data or any such studies?

---
BTW, I removed one of the six test hives from the project since it had a
queen and brood but had a small population and I needed a hive to
combine with a strong, queenless hive.  The other five are strong and doing
well in spite of five oxalic vapour treatments since October.