From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2012 08:19:33 -0500
Peter Mai said "it would be nice if some of the posts that reflect rude and
less positive comments were culled as part of the moderation process.
Flame bait should be out."

I agree with Peter.  I am one of those who have been on this list for a
very long time, don't contribute often, but am appalled by some of the
commentary.  For example, one of our most valuable members is Randy Oliver
but recently he had to endure a deplorable comment questioning his
integrity!  Moreover, the comment was made by a person who sometimes
moderates (and a person that I normally respect a great deal).

IMHO, the* ONLY*  valid role of moderation is to reject such posts, as well
as those having little to nothing to do with beekeeping.  Sometimes the
moderators need moderation!