HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Barbara Voss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2012 09:13:39 -0700
Dear HistArch’ers

For San Jose and SF Bay Area locals – please share this announcement with
any communities or lists that might be interested

--Barb Voss

From: Megan Suzanne Kane <[log in to unmask]>

Subject: Free Public Archaeology Event for Children and Families - Sunday,
April 29th

Date: April 11, 2012 5:06:20 PM PDT

Sunday, April 29th, the Stanford Archaeology Center and History San Jose,
will be hosting a Public Archaeology Event that is free and open to the
general public. This hands-on event is designed to introduce children from 4
to 12 and their families to archaeology. Children will participate in “mock”
excavations and study authentic archaeological artifacts to learn about San
Jose’s hidden history. It is a fun and educational event for the entire
family!

The event is part of an on-going series of programs organized by the Market
Street Chinatown Archaeology Project, a research and education partnership
among the Stanford Archaeology Center, History San Jose, and the Chinese
Historical and Cultural Project.

Free Public Archaeology Event
Sponsored by the Stanford Archaeology Center and History San José
When:  April 29th, 2012, 11:00PM to 4:00PM
Where:  History Park at Kelley Park
       1650 Senter Road
       San Jose, CA 95112

I have attached a flyer with more information about the event, and please
feel free to forward this to anyone you think may be interested. In addition
to our Public Archaeology Event, History San Jose will have other activities
as a part of their Spring Children's Festival, including crafts, live dance
performaces and a special film screening.

Should you have any questions about the event or about the Market Street
Chinatown Archaeology Project and the work that we do, you are welcome to
visit our website (http://marketstreet.stanford.edu/) or to contact me
directly ([log in to unmask]).

We have an additional Public Archaeology Events scheduled for Spring 2012:
            May 20th, 2012

I hope to see you some of you at our event on the 29th.
Sincerely,

Megan S. Kane
Collections Manager
Market Street Chinatown Archaeology Project
Stanford Archaeology Center
Stanford University

Market Street Chinatown Archaeology Project
http://marketstreet.stanford.edu/
History San Jose
http://www.historysanjose.org/