From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 2012 08:06:43 -0500
A friend writes:
> The intention to sue may have been initiated in 2011, but to actually present it to a Federal Judge took until 1/31/12. March 31 is the date the judge will decide whether to proceed with the case.

Right, I understood that. I object to the fast and loose way that 300,000 people are turned into 300,000 organic farmers. They do the same thing with organic beekeepers. The organic beekeeping website may have thousands of subscribers, but there is no way even half of them have bees, nor do very many of them even agree on what organic beekeeping is or should be.

As I have said before, beekeepers should always encourage organic farming and try to raise farmers consciousness about what they are doing to pollinators and pollinator habitat. At the same time, I feel that going after the GM crops is putting energy in the wrong direction. Many of these crops require less pesticide use and may be MUCH safer for bees. Most canola is GM and beekeepers get a lot of honey from it.

Whatever side of a given issue you are on, though, you undermine your credibility by warping or altering the facts.

PLB