Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2012 20:56:54 -0500
7bit
From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
> Every beekeeper should take the above to heart!  I see so many
> beekeepers always acting reactively rather than proactively.

His articles  really opened my eyes . I worked for a commercial beekeeper in
Florida before I was old enough to drive and beekeeping was simple enough.
Payne loader.

When I moved to Kansas and had to winter bees the situation changed. O.B.
Wiser was based in Utah and wintered bees. All I had to work with came from
bee books and trial and error.

I quickly figured out when I relocated to Missouri I was keeping bees like
the *other* beekeeper in his articles.

We received two inches of rain last night yet the bees are on the white
sweet clover this evening. The rain has turned the hay fields recently mowed
white over
night. Last big crop we had was in 1997.

I expect this year will be my last except for retail sales. The doctor said
today I can only go out in early morning and late evening to the bees and
only  in an air conditioned truck.

I start my summer hours this week up before dawn and work till mid morning.
Out in evening. I spent an hour with a young farmer tonight . he was about
to see his bean crop burn up and then the rains came. Agriculture is a tough
way to make a living. He also works 40 hours a week nights to support his
farming habit. I remember when he was a kid riding his bike down the gravel
road.

Dreams of building a house on the old place I have kept bees on for years.
Dreams of fixing up an old farm house which needs bulldozed under.

bob

"The weeds grow high where corn don't grow" Travis Tritt (you tube)