Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2012 15:04:24 -0500
All the info on sub lethal doses and their sub-sets seem to beg the
question of what are the real levels of neonicotinoids in hives?

If I remember, Peter had a post a bit back about colonies placed near
treated canola fields which the bees foraged and the results were negative.

My guess is, back when they were fairly pervasive, organophosphates were
more likely to show up in hives than the nics are now. All has to do with
application methods. Personally, I would rather live by a field treated
with neonicotinoids than organophosphates based on real world effects. BTW,
cumaphose is an organophosphate. Organophosphates  were also in flea
treatments, so it was all over (and still is).

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine