From:
Ken USCBeeMan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2012 15:41:42 +0000
I have about all I can handle as far as cutouts are concerned.  I charge $65 to come and look at the  problem and find the location of the bees.  If possible I will also try to slow down or stop their entering the home itself terrifying the homeowners and family.

I have charged as much as $85-90 for the initial visit if the distance was great.  I get and do cutouts from the TN/AL state line to a little north, northwest, northeast of Nashville.  Some of my jobs are over 60 miles in one direction.

I have had some people decide not to use my services because of the initial fee.  I don't feel bad about it.  My time and gas is valuable to me.  I give more than fair prices for the actual removals.  I did one for free this pas Saturday which ended up being the entire inside of the outside barn wall between the joists and around 8' in height.

I did another one yesterday for $185 (including the $65 initial fee) for a guy in a small rental trailer.  His was one of the worst I have had to deal with.  Must have been 100,000 bees in the colony.  Bees were under the trailer but accessed through the rotten floor in the trailer.  It was like digging down into a honey well to get the honey comb and brood comb.  Could tell what I was getting as it was dark and the comb would reach up to 2' down.  Had to  literally scoop the honeycomb out by the hand full getting stung all the time by young house bees crawling around.  Never did see the queen and I left a mess because I couldn't reach the comb good enough to cut it all out cleanly.  Should have seen the honey just pooled up in places.

My prices are usually anywhere from $225 to $1000 for removals.  This doesn't normally include the initial visit fee.  They are based on difficulty, size, and danger to me.  Trust me, the $1000 job last year was worth every penny.

I have several on a waiting list to remove.  Two are going to be pretty difficult.  One is going to require a boon.  The other is on the 3rd floor of a home and the bees have been there for over 4 years.  This one may end up requiring a boon rental.

As far as swarm fees.  I tell them on the phone that gas money is appreciated. but not required unless I have to travel a long distance.  Some are almost 50 miles.  All have given me gas money.  One person gave me $80.  Didn't know how much until I happen to look at the money later on the way home.

On swarm and cutout calls I go out of my way to answer all questions and I encourage them to ask questions.  I usually tell them a lot about bees, swarming, their life cycles, etc.  When I leave these customers are well informed and seem very satisfied with my services.