HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Williams, Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 2015 23:19:32 +0000
Hi all,

We recently found an unusual glass artifact associated with an early to mid- 20th Century logging town that was used as a sanitarium after the mill shut down, and refuse deposits from the two periods are mixed.

We've put some pictures of the glass artifact on our website- if anyone has any idea what this might have been used for or a part of, we'd love to know:

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Environment/CulRes/Compliance.htm

Dimensions are on the website-it's a thick, oval-shaped bar of clear glass, with ridges molded on one side and "Made in Germany"  etched on the other.  It looks like something industrial-a lens for some kind of light, perhaps, but we haven't seen anything like it before.

Thanks,

Scott S. Williams
Cultural Resources Program Manager, WSDOT
Ph: 360.570.6651
Mobile: 360.485.5350
WSDOT Cultural Resources Program<http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Environment/CulRes/default.htm> on the Web

"Development is not stifled by history, but enriched by it."