HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Caryn M. Berg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2014 22:56:23 -0600
Archaeology, Heritage, and Civic Engagement

Working Toward the Public Good

Just Released From Left Coast Press, Inc.

Archaeology, Heritage, and Civic Engagement

Working Toward the Public Good

By Barbara J. Little and Paul A. Shackel

172 pp. / February 2014

The definition of "public archaeology" has expanded in recent years to
include archaeologists' collaborations with and within communities and
activities in support of education, civic renewal, peacebuilding, and social
justice. Barbara Little and Paul Shackel, long-term leaders in the growth of
a civically-engaged, relevant archaeology, outline a future trajectory for
the field in this concise, thoughtful volume. Drawing from the
archaeological study of race and labor, among other examples, the authors
explore this crucial opportunity and responsibility, then point the way for
the discipline to contribute to the contemporary public good.

To order Archaeology, Heritage, and Civic Engagement, visit our website at:

http://www.lcoastpress.com/book.php?id=501

ISBN: 978-1-59874-637-2 (c) / 978-1-59874-638-9 (p) / 978-1-61132-771-7
(eBook)

15% web only orders through our U.S. Distributor
Discount automatically given at check-out.

PRICE:

$84.00 (U.S./Canadian) (hardcover)

$26.95 (U.S./Canadian) (paperback)

$26.95 (U.S./Canadian) (eBook)

Join Left Coast Press online at:

http://www.facebook.com/LeftCoastPress

https://twitter.com/LeftCoastPress

If you have any questions, please contact Caryn Berg at