Reply To:
HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2012 22:52:55 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (28 lines)
Our Saltzburg file shows the name change to Saltzburg Bottle Works Co. ca. 1890.  The firm was still in business in 1904 and may have continued as late as ca. 1911.

Cody, our Saltzburg file has not been updated since Jay published his Pittsburgh glass house book, but I will be happy to send it to you if you wish.  I edited Jay's book in 2008, but he discovered more new information prior to publication the following year.  Jay's information is well researched.

We have the SBW mark dated from ca. 1890 to 1903 or later.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Cody Davis
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 1:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Medicine Bottle Help

We are doing some research on a medicine bottle that was recently recovered from some excavations here in North Central Texas. It is a pre-1900 bottle that is embossed with the local druggist company name in Farmersville, Texas. However, the bottom has a makers mark that is S.B.W. which is from Saltsburg Bottle Works in Saltsburg, PA. The only information I have found is that this company made "druggist wares" between 1890 and 1900. Does anyone know where I could find more information about this company or other refrences? I get no results with various internet searches. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

--
Cody S. Davis, MA, RPA
Project Archaeologist/Project Manager
AR Consultants, Inc.
805 Business Parkway
Richardson, TX 75081
www.arc-digs.com

*This electronic message transmission and any documents, files, graphics, or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain information that may be legally confidential and/or privileged. The information is intended solely for the individual(s) or entity(s) named above and access by disclosure, copying, distribution, or other use of the contents of this message is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender pointing out the error, and delete the message. This message may also contain personal opinions of the author.*

ATOM RSS1 RSS2