HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
William Lockhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2012 22:52:55 +0000
Our Saltzburg file shows the name change to Saltzburg Bottle Works Co. ca. 1890.  The firm was still in business in 1904 and may have continued as late as ca. 1911.

Cody, our Saltzburg file has not been updated since Jay published his Pittsburgh glass house book, but I will be happy to send it to you if you wish.  I edited Jay's book in 2008, but he discovered more new information prior to publication the following year.  Jay's information is well researched.

We have the SBW mark dated from ca. 1890 to 1903 or later.

Bill