HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2012 09:48:23 +0800
Just a whimsical enquiry. Texas hasn't fallen into the sea  and I failed to
hear about it has it? I have been trying to contact relevant Texans for the
last three or four weeks regarding research in Palo Pinto county west of
Fort Worth/Dallas that I wish to carry out without one reply. Even my
friends Johnny and Roxie in Fort Worth have not replied hence the whimsical
query. Where is everyone?

Is it a really bad time to be contacting universities, historical
commissions and archaeological societies. I know the election is on but that
that would not stop the state in its tracks. Am I hitting a holiday period?

I am in the process of putting in a Fellowship application to do the
fieldwork research so being able to contact the right people would be really
helpful right now. I am trying to source:

past archaeological research in that area around Fort Worth/Fort Belknap
focussed on the 1850s to ca 1900 period.

Researchers who are working/have worked in the area/period who might be
interested in being a research partner

Information on the rules and regs regarding doing archaeological work in the
area

A potential source of archaeological volunteers in case I have to do a dig

And trying to source someone who can contact site owners for me or show me a
way I can find out who they are and their contact details via the web.

Any suggestions?

Gaye