HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Matt Munro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2012 18:24:37 -0300
Mark,

I worked at the Parks Canada lab in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, earlier this year and I saw several metal projectile points found during excavations at Fort Beauséjour (or was it the nearby village of Beaubassin? - at the time I was getting the two places confused). Regardless, I believe they too were interpreted as trade items that were manufactured by Europeans for Native Americans. If you're interested in more information I can get you the email addresses of knowledgeable staff members, they may know of citations or have access to reports that mention the points. You'll have to act fast - no one really knows how long the lab will remain open, and if the items get sent to Ottawa before you have a chance to speak with anyone then they're as good as lost.

- Matt Munro