HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Richard Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 2011 17:55:19 +1100
Greetings

In early November I announced a draft version of the program Bodies3D.

The purpose of the program is to represent bodies (of humans and of
animals) as stick figures in a 3D space.

One use of the program is to examine the pattern of distribution of
bodies in mass graves. For example by rotating the bodies to a sideways
view of a grave, it may be possible to discern partially separated heaps
of bodies dumped by trucks.

Since the original announcement I have received some helpful comments on
the draft program and accompanying notes.

So a version of Bodies3D is now ready for general release. It can be
downloaded from:

http://www.box.net/shared/static/lpvstj4kz88na1xg92zk.zip

The program is freeware, but with some minor copyrighted restrictions
explained in the notes.

To use the program and notes, save the downloaded file Bodies3D.zip to a
new directory (e.g. C:\Bodies3D). Unzip it there.

First read the advice in 'ReadMeFirst.pdf', and then 'Notes on
Bodies3D.pdf'.

The program is compiled to run under Windows 32 and 64 bit. There is no
Mac version as such, but I have been told that Bodies3D works perfectly
on a Mac running 'Parallels Desktop 7'. I have not personally verified
this, so check the specifications of your Mac:

http://www.parallels.com/au/products/desktop/system-requirements/

You may care to send me your email address, so that I can put you on my
list for information about updates.

Richard Wright