HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 2012 14:33:21 -0500
From:
Terry Brock <[log in to unmask]>
7BIT
all,

This coming week on the SHA Blog will be Technology Week. We will feature a different post on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday covering three different technologies used in historical archaeology:

Monday: Bernard K. Means will discuss 3d Artifact Scanning
Tuesday: Angela Jaillet-Wentling will discuss the uses and potential uses of LiDAR
Wednesday: Robert Church will write about the use of AUV Cameras for Deep Water Archaeology

Please join us in the comment section to discuss these topics!

Also, here is what you may have missed on the blog last week:

The Conference Committee provides some resources for planning your trip to Leicester for next year's SHA Conference: http://ow.ly/91sQ5

The Academic and Professional Training Student Subcommittee provides some tips for students about how to follow up with your new contacts from a conference: http://ow.ly/91sVs

And, as always, a collection of links from historical archaeology news from around the web: http://ow.ly/91sYu

Also, don't forget that we are on Facebook and Twitter, so please follow us there to receive alerts for these posts, as well as links to other news articles and resources about historical archaeology, throughout the week!

best,

Terry Brock