Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2012 10:47:52 -0400
From:
Doug Ladd <[log in to unmask]>
I have never tried this but routinly place weak hives with good queens and
low bee population in the place of a strong hive to steal the foragers.

I have yet to loose a queen this way and often come back a week later or so
and find the queen laying her heart out now that she has the bees and
resources to tend to and keep warm the brood.

I don't think its much difference other than more parts to carry in the
field and you might get more nurse bees instead of foragers.

But in my minf forgagers is what these weak hives need to bring in pollen
and nectar as well as cluster at night for the young brood.

Great idea though. Might give it a try this weekend as I have 3 week hives
I need to strengthen....

Doug Ladd
Buckingham Va USA