From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2012 22:13:59 -0500
Brian Ames wrote:

"I just don't see any data here that suggests an ongoing massive bee die off
in
the EU or United States. "

I don't either Brian!

I do see according to your data lower numbers of hives in all years but 2010
since 2004. Interesting.

I think the list agrees the losses seen in 2004-2007 have subsided as
commercial beekeepers have become better beekeepers still winter losses
(according to the USDA & researchers )remain higher than before the
2006/2007 die-off.

The CCD team reported two beekeepers lost around 10,000 hives each in the
U.S. over the winter of 2006/2007 but I could never verify as all those
which filed the CCD survey were anonymous.

The anonymous nature was done to protect the operations the CCD team said.

I can confirm friends which lost many hives but mostly dead outs in the
hundreds and few confirmed as actual CCD.

are you saying as Chris indicated the CCD thing never happened and was
only done for sympathy & funding?

I guess without the CCD team releasing beekeepers names there is no proof of
actual CCD losses.

Maybe like the JFK assassination maybe the names on the CCD survey could be
released in 25 years?

 bob