From:
Metro Propolis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Feb 2012 19:13:21 -0800

From: Mike Rossander <[log in to unmask]>

> re: " There have been non-GMO crops cross pollinated with the neighbors GMO crops and Monsanto in these cases has sued the non-GMO farmer for harvesting his own seed since it now has the patented Gene."

>I get so very tired of this story.  Yes, the story is real but that description is a gross oversimplification.

The above summary seems to perfectly accurate to me, I don't see how it could be considered an erroneous oversimplification.    Given the inevitability of genetics escaping into the wild, it seems foolish to persecute others for the outcome, regardless of the amount of R+D done.

It brings to mind an  image of Players suing bystanders for "benefitting" from second hand cigarette smoke.  (Never actually happened).

> Unfortunately (from the point of view of an outside observer), every case that I'm aware of settled before going to trial.

The flagship case was that of Percy Schmeiser of  Saskatchewan.    Percy has been an avid seed-saver and breeder of Canola his whole life, and had
never had interest in, or interactions with, Monsanto.    Given the unequivocality of his claim, it seems easily verifiable.    Schmeiser and Monsanto ultimately
settled out of court, in his favor, with one of the conditions being, that the details of the settlement be public.

http://www.percyschmeiser.com/conflict.htm

I hope this added clarification hasn't tired you further.