HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Pat Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pat Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2014 20:41:23 -0500
Leo,

There is a short article with photos titled "Sandusky's Natural Ice Industry" by Elliott Mortensen and Rebecca Mancuso, Northwest Ohio History, 81(1) (Fall 2013):53-59. The Wagner Ice and Coal Company operated from 1897 through 1910 cutting ice cakes in Lake Erie, transporting it to the ice house in Sandusky, Ohio and processing it for transport by train to various markets. No archaeology, unfortunately.

Pat Tucker, RPA
Firelands Archaeological Research Center
Amherst, Ohio