HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Eric Deetz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2014 13:17:41 +0000
I worked on a survey where hotel dinnerware from and flatware downtown Chicago were recovered in ag fields more than 90 miles from the city. We later learned that this was the site of a small siized pig farm and thwe material was likely transported in the "slop". there was another case where fields in Loudoun County Virginia were manured with hotel/retauraunt waste including porcelainious china and institutional flatware.
J. Eric Deetz

Coastal Carolina Research
A Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Commonwealth Cultural Resources Group, Inc.
P.O. Box 1198 Tarboro, NC 27886
(252) 641-1444 (252) 641-1235 fax