HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Travis Shinabarger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2013 19:13:14 -0900
There's a corduroy  in Alaska. Part of the Petersville Road (south of
Denali National Park), going west from Trapper Creek still has portions of
the original corduroy road exposed.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/baggis/6268627570/

Though as far as any literature is concerned, I'm not aware of any, though
I've never really looked. I know the person who used to be one of the State
Historians with Alaska used to be interested in that road, but she's since
moved on from that position. I could ask her if you'd like.

-Travis Shinabarger