HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Karlis Karklins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2013 21:52:51 -0400
Hi Everyone!

I have been contacted by a museum person who is dealing with a family that
wants to donate a representative sample of beads from a collector's estate
to a reputable museum and they are wanting to know what would be a"good
sample" size; i.e. a sample of sufficient size to allow adequate study re:
manufacturing type, shape and size range, etc.? I have my thoughts but I
want to hear what fellow HistArchers think. This information is needed to
be able to explain to the family why x number of specimens are required and
should be donated.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers!

Karlis