HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Adrian Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Nov 2011 18:44:27 -0800
Hi folks,

Glasfax is an amateur organization devoted to studying Canadian glass. They
publish a biannual newsletter/journal, and this and other publications of
theirs go back to the 1970s. They have just made their entire back catalog
available online, here:

http://www.box.net/shared/9t1sz9ezr3

I have found some very useful articles in this collection (helpful in my
case for research on 20th glass bottles manufactured in Canada). The
organization also has a website, and you can become a member and receive
their newsletter for a very low fee (I can't remember, but it was something
like $10-$15): http://www.glasfax.ca/

I'm not affiliated in any way other than being a member, but I thought I'd
share the info since the newsletter is somewhat obscure, but also
worthwhile!

Very best to everyone,

Adrian

Adrian Myers, PhD Candidate   |   Department of Anthropology, Stanford
University
Website <http://works.bepress.com/adrianmyers/>  |   Whitewater PoW Camp
Archaeology Project <http://whitewaterpowcamp.com/>