From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2012 20:22:07 -0700
Okay, not that I would get something going, but as many here know I tend to think a whole lot..........so, in thinking about history of our honeybees then:

Neonicotinoids were introduced in the early 1990s and are now widely used
around the world.

The chemicals are nerve agents that spread to the nectar and pollen of
flowering plants.

Yet, During World War II, both sides devoted efforts to preparing
organiphosphates (nerve gases) for warfare, with the Germans discovering the insecticidal action of these compounds during the war. Gerard Schrader in Germany discovered the toxic effects of these compounds on insects while looking for a substitute  for the insecticide nicotine.

Would think here some kill only certain insect species, while others kill
all insects contacted....Also quite a few if I remember right are systemic, which means if applied to the soil or plant, the toxicant is translocated thru the plant to kill those insects feeding on the plant pollen/nectar, yet some have volatility  and can therefore be absorbed thru the various insects breathing spiracles or respiratory system.......

But my mind is now clicking saying........if both nerve type
pestiticdes/chemicals then what is the difference other then newer products in same family with different name changes to fit today's world better so us older folks don't keep keying to the  organophosphates and saying here we go
again.........

So comments back please..............am I thinking right or wrong
here?????? for business as usual with just newer wording changes like many pharms have done with over the counter stuff sold nowadays for humans taking...

Dee A. Lusby