From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jan 2012 15:16:49 -0800
--- On Sun, 1/22/12, Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> The situation of organic beekeeping
> and organic honey in the USA is very confusing. USDA
> certifies honey as "organic" yet apparently has no official
> standards. Beekeepers claim to be organic and yet adhere to
> no consistent standards. In 2010, the following
> recommendation was issued. So far as I can tell, it was
> never followed or acted upon. Correct me if I am wrong.

reply;
Nope, you are right. And, as far as I am concerned the second class USDA proposed class B and/or class 2 standards will never be approved as written/proposed at the Federal level.......and this we jave been thru before since the middle 1990s and will continue.......so check archives for reading for nothing is changing.....

Dee A. Lusby
owner discussion group: