From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2012 16:44:32 -0500
> Don't get me wrong, I'm all in favor of business.  When dealing with large corporations it is easy to determine their motivation (not always as easy with an individual or a small business)....it's all about the bottom line.  It has to be.  It is the law.  I don't think it is smart (or reasonable) to work from any other assumption.

Maybe it isn't smart to work from any assumption. For example, are we to assume that small businesses are not all about the bottom line? I mean, look how many small businesses fail every years because they miscalculated that line.

Very few, if any, businesses can succeed purely on charitable motivations. Unless you have a lot of money, and success is measured by how quickly you give it away. Anyone who has studied various so-called charities knows that they raise more for the staff than goes to whatever so-called cause they're championing.

Look at me: I started out with nothing 60 years ago and I still have most of it left. Like they say, you want to make a small fortune in the bee business, start out with a large one.

PLB