From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 2011 11:08:28 -0500
Peter Borst said "The bees adjust the amount of pollen coming in so that
they have an adequate supply regardless of how much you take (short of
taking it all)"

Mostly true, and Seeley comments on this in some depth is The Wisdom of the
Hive.  That said, I once tried using 6 mesh instead of 5 for the stripping
screens and felt that brood production suffered; meaning that while there
was some pollen, there was an insufficient amount.

Peter Chaing again asked about drawings, etc. for the OAC hive.  Why would
one want to copy an obsolete design?  My suggestion is buy one of the best
on the market, take it apart and replicate it!  Take my word for it...you
would be very unhappy with a perfectly operating OAC trap.  Particularly
because the pollen is so filled with hive debris.

Visit www.beesource.com.  They have a section termed Build it Yourself.
That has two sections on pollen traps.  Read the longer, titled
(approximately) history of pollen traps.  That has the original reference
to the publication of the OAC trap and if you follow that you might be able
to get the drawings.  But again...why bother?