From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2011 08:33:29 -0800

> >Also filmed when making splits with walk aways side by side, bees in one
> colony walking on ground next door to go into one next to them. Also filmed
> yard of newly set up swarms back in mid- 1980s doing same combining

Dee, this is very interesting.  The above two examples are normal
behavior--neither refer to established queenright colonies on brood.

Are you saying that absconding of queenright European colonies with brood
to then join another colony is common?  I've never observed nor heard
reference to previously, other than with Africanized.

Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA
www.ScientificBeekeeping.com