Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2011 11:44:32 -0500
I much appreciate all the replies, comments and ideas offered here and at my website.  There is so much info, I'm having a hard time keeping up and haven't managed to reply to all the helpful input.  I apologize and say, "Thanks everyone!"

I found the following interesting and dug a bit.

>There is another vaporisor on the market from Lega Italy that might suit commercial beekeepers.
http://www.legaitaly.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=467&category_id=65&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=68&lang=en

This looks just like an ordinary heat gun blowing into a device to hold the OA.  Heat guns are cheap.
http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchView?catalogId=10051&storeId=10051&langId=-15&N=0&Ntt=heat+gun&Nty=1&D=heat+gun&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&s=true

I think these links  will  work since I posted this from the http://\www.bee-l.org web interface.  For some reason long links posted there usually work, while long links from email clients often break.  I  highly  recommend that page for working with BEE-L for those who have  never  tried it.

I'm continuing my drop counts and plan to give a third treatment as soon as I have the equipment at hand.  My results seem to confirm that the effect is greatly attenuated after a week and substantially dissipated by two weeks.  My observations also confirm that brood  complicates  what would otherwise be a dead-simple control.

An abridged overall view can be had in seconds at
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/images/2011/bk10.h76.jpg
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/images/2011/bk10.h80.jpg
and
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/images/2011/bk10.h7.gif

The full data are summarized at
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/files/drop.htm

The working Excel file is at
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1605400/MiteDropsDetail_3.xlsx

and the full process is detailed  at length at
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/default.htm

As always, comments and criticisms are appreciated.