ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jim Spadaccini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2011 09:14:38 -0700

Just to elaborate on Eric's email...Our NSF funded project is Open Exhibits
(www.openexhibits.org). We already have more than a dozen free and open
software modules available. Most of our software is for multitouch and
multiuser exhibits, but we have modules that work Microsoft Kinect and some
that can work with single-touch or other input devices. We also have a blog
for issues to share research and design around computer-based exhibit
development. I encourage anyone who is interested in technology in museums
to check us out.

We currently have our version control software in place, but we have plans
to expand into github, providing more options to our developers. Zeeshan,
we'd be happy to talk with you about how we might align our combined
resources to make them available to more people in the museum community.

Eric's point about bandwidth is well taken. I think it is important that
professional development sites and projects in ISE and within the larger
museum community try to make stronger connections to better serve the
field.

Jim

--
Jim Spadaccini