ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2012 15:58:45 -0700
Sender:
From:
"(Krystal Dillon)" <[log in to unmask]>

Hello and Happy New Year,

I have a problem and am seeking advice or an alternative solution...
Our Science Center has the Classic Unisex Torso, 14 part piece set from The World of 3B Scientific Torsos on display on our 1st Floor in the Human Biology Gallery. This is one of our most popular exhibits in our gallery, however, the torso is hand-painted. I was wondering if there were any torso sets that aren't hand painted or a solution to this problem?
The hand paint is nice, but not durable. The paint chips off easily from each of the organs and creates tiny flakes on and around the exhibit. Not to mention, that when the parts (organs) fall onto the torso, wall, graphics or exhibit it leaves paint marks - which are difficult to scrub off. I really like the torso puzzle and want to continue to display it on the floor. Anyone know of an alternative Anatomical Torso solution?

Thanks so much in advance for your help,
Krystal

Krystal M. Dillon
Guest Experience Assistant Manager
Arizona Science Center
Phone: 602-716-2000 ext. 261 | Fax: 602-716-2099