Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2012 11:43:04 -0500
From:
Lewis Cauble <[log in to unmask]>
 > Guessing, but it looks like a box for carrying/transporting queen cells that
have been built on corks.

That does not explain sliding pane of glass.

I would want to hold it in my hands to get a good look at it.  I believe it is
probably a bee lining box but he may be showing it upside down.  The "top" has
wells drilled in it.  I would use that as the bottom.  I would fill the wells
with honey and sit back until there were several bees at each well.  Slide the
bit of glass in the box and then place the box on top of that and you have your
sample of bees.  He doesn't show the "bottom".  If it moved or was removable,
you could open that to see in to the lower chamber on the other side of the
glass.  Slide the glass to move a couple of bees in to the upper chamber at a
time.  Release, follow, repeat.

Just my wild a** guess.

I bought a much more efficient one from Jim Fischer (the elder) for the same
price a few years ago.

http://sites.google.com/site/beelining/getting-started/bee-boxes