Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2011 05:18:54 -0400
From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
The figures for the weight of GM pollen per jar of honey are impressively low; almost of homoeopathic proportions. Yet, those who believe in homoeopathy tell me it works and, in response to my suggestion that it works because they believe in it (the placebo effect), they tell me that it also works on sick animals (which cannot believe in it).

Consider the weight of a 2 second bee sting on a 200lb person.  Plucking figures from the air and being aware that arithmetic isn't my strong point so I'm open to correction, guesstimating that the venom weighs about 1/50 of a grain (there being 7,000 grains to a pound) the venom will be about 1/70,000,000th of the person's weight.  Yet not only does it instantly hurt, but it can prove fatal to rare people who are especially sensitive.

So, just because a quantity is very small, it isn't necessarily insignificant.

Chris