HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kurt Knoerl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2011 07:20:47 -0700
Folks,

We are pleased to announce a new feature on our website:  The MUA Resource
Center. In addition to helping underwater archaeologists publish their
work online we are now developing tools to assist them with their
research.  Our first effort in this regard is the Gray Literature
Bibliographic Database.

Working in partnership with state underwater archaeologists we are
compiling a searchable database of unpublished report titles that are not
available online.  In the past researchers had to contact each state
individually to explore the reports held in state offices.  This database
allows the user to search across the collection with one query or to
browse by tags.  To date we have over 290 titles from 4 states: Maryland,
Delaware, South Carolina, and Georgia with more states on the way.

All state and federal agencies housing unpublished underwater
archaeological site reports are invited to participate.  Hopefully this
collection will continue to grow.  You can browse this collection by
clicking the link on the MUA home page here:

http://www.themua.org

I would like to take a moment to thank Susan Langley, Chris McCabe, Steve
Dilk, Chris Amer, and Craig Lukezic for contributing report titles to this
collection.

Look for other research tools over the next few months.

Best,

T. Kurt Knoerl
Director
The MUA