HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2011 08:54:25 -0400
Yes that happens.
My concern would be in its secondary context would this assemblage be
noticable or not noticable to one walking along the surface of the ground at
the time and given surrounding soils and conditions wet, try whatever how
would the pieces move given traffic over them or settling when left alone. I
would need to know what the form of the secondary context was and I don’t
mean sheet midden, pile, heap or other usless over generalization. Even
sheet middens can have structure that is if you are willing to look for it.

Conrad