HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2012 09:49:55 -0700
From:
Adrian Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Devastating news.

I hope more people with close knowledge of the situation will be able to
update the list soon.

If anyone is interested in voicing opposition to this, there is a quick way
to message Harper. Follow this link:  http://www.pm.gc.ca/eng/contact.asp

Karlis rightly mentions that Stephen Harper is prioritizing "arctic
sovereignty" - this is one prong of a wider ideological agenda for
interpreting Canada's history to his benefit. A keen article on this topic
was published in the Globe and Mail:   How Stephen Harper is remaking the
Canadian myth<http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/how-stephen-harper-is-remaking-the-canadian-myth/article2419732/?utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_source=Morning%20News%20Update&utm_type=text&utm_content=How%20Stephen%20Harper%20is%20remaking%20the%20Canadian%20myth&utm_campaign=94687706>
Adrian Myers

Adrian Myers   |   Department of Anthropology, Stanford University