HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2012 08:21:37 -0400
7bit
I believe that Stanley South noted as a pattern the tendency of small items
such as pins to fall through floor board cracks.
One thing that is of interest to me is the width of cracks through time-
were all floors composed of boards tightly fitted together- was there a
difference of crack size width-between ceremonal areas halls
living areas and kitchens for example. One would think that wider cracks
between boards would be usefull in areas such as kitchen where one would
like fluids to drain away etc....

Conrad