HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2012 10:58:22 +0000
From:
"Nash, Carole - nashcl" <[log in to unmask]>
Rachel,

We have fully tested and mapped  NP-2 (Camp Robert Fechner) in Shenandoah National Park, as well as developed survey methodologies for CCC camps in heavily vegetated settings.  The Park Service installed interpretive signage at Camp Fechner and rents 'GPS Rangers' that contain a Big Meadows Discovery Hike with waypoints keyed to significant camp locations (supplemented with audio, video, and animation).  It is very popular.

Carole

Carole Nash, Ph.D., RPA
Assistant Professor
Department of Integrated Science and Technology
MSC 4102
701 Carrier Drive
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807