HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2011 08:36:09 -0500
From:
"Robert L. Schuyler" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Can anyone help me relocate a source? It is an article in an edited
compendium on historical archaeology and the author is a woman. It is
an impressive archival analysis of kinship. The author was looking at
feuding - I think in the US Southeast - in which people were fighting
or killing each other and their acts did not make sense until she
shifted the analysis from the family names (male) to the the maiden
names of the women involved. Suddenly all sorts of relationships
became visible.

What is this source?

Has this author published other items on this "hidden" pattern?

Are their similar articles by historical archaeologists or historians
which dig deeper into kinship relationships/

thanks,

Bob Schuyler