HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2011 10:36:29 -0400
From:
"Pentney, Sandra" <[log in to unmask]>
I write a lot of EIS and EA documents and the legal standard for these
documents is that you must cite the original source. Some agencies go so
far as to say you need to provide if not the whole reference, then at
least the cover page of the reference in the administrative record for
the document. Anything less than this is not legally defensible. We
expect a very high standard of research from any sub consultants that we
use as well. If you cannot provide proof that you have actually done the
legwork and research for your document, it isn't legally defensible and
can be challenged in court. I don't think it hurts anyone to
periodically re-check the 'standard' sources.

Sandra Pentney, MA, RPA
Ecology and Environment, Inc.
401 West A Street, Suite 775, San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: 619-696-0578 Ext: 4903|   Fax: 619-696-0578
[log in to unmask]   |   www.ene.com

Celebrating 40 Years of Green Solutions