HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2010 05:01:24 -0800
From:
Kurt Knoerl <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Leo,

Thanks for your email.  As a photographer using Photoshop you're probably
already aware of the basic techniques I used to "restore" images.  There
are many archaeologists, however, that probably are not so the course I
offer really is pretty basic.  With that being said I found Katrin
Eismann's book PhotoShop Restoration and Retouching to be very useful.  I
also used http://www.lynda.com/ quite a bit.  I was required to subscribe
to the site for one semester of graduate school about 2 years ago but I've
also made wide use of their free online tutorials as well.  If you haven't
already try searching around the Adobe website for tutorials as well.
They often have video's demonstrating the changes from one version to
another that I learn a lot from.

Those are some of the items that come to mind immediately.  I hope to add
a page to the MUA's website on photo editing tips as well in the future so
keep checking back over the next few months.

Good luck and I hope that helps.

best regards,

Kurt