HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 2010 21:36:19 -0400
From:
"Robert L. Schuyler" <[log in to unmask]>
I have also read A PASSION FOR THE PAST and I second George Miller's
reaction. It is a wonderfully written book and full of very
interesting information on both the author's life and career in
historical archaeology. It does end on a sad note in that most of
what Ivor Noel Hume tried to build at Colonial Williamsburg has been
abandoned. I guess this is the fate of most public oriented research
centers in the US. They all seem to be abandoning the research side
of the picture. Almost all museums (public, private, and university)
are going through this negative transition.

Get the book and read it - you will not be able to put it down until
you have completed it.

Bob Schuyler