HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2010 10:48:37 -0500
From:
kristen baldwin deathridge <[log in to unmask]>
Ashley,

I haven't seen any CRM reports on this type of site, but there is a pretty
extensive historical literature on automobility and tourism.  A few that I
have found helpful are:

Jakle, John A., and Keith A. Sculle. *Motoring The Highway Experience in
America.* Athens, GA: Univ of Georgia Press, 2009.

Shaffer, Marguerite. *See America first : tourism and national identity,
1880-1940*. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 2001.

Louter, David. *Windshield Wilderness: Cars, Roads, and Nature in
Washington's National Parks*. University of Washington Press, 2010.

It is possible that the NPS has published reports on the work that has been
done on their campsites.

Sounds like a fun site!  Best of luck,

Kristen Baldwin Deathridge
Graduate Assistant