From:
Doug Ladd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2011 07:20:01 -0500
Now as you know I dont have chemical analysis of the "substance" to prove
thats its pollen sub. But what I see is that after several weeks of feeding
I start seeing a brown material being stored in large quantity in the comb
while workers are only bringing in golden rod pollen, as its the only thing
producing at this time, and currently I dont see much coming in.

So since I only see this brown material being stored after feeding for some
time and not of any pollen color I have ever seen come in except maybe early
spring elm, maple, etc. I have to assume with my best judgement that it is
in fact patties being stored.

I know many folks say they dont store pollen sub, heck Randy showed me UV
pics at the Va state meeting last year of the pollen sub in the gut, but
unless im completly wrong which does happen at times (just dont tell my ole
lady) I believe it to be pollen sub.