HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Denis Gojak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2012 07:55:43 +1000
Because of our own British colonial experience, many Australian historical
archaeologists have grown up understanding their material through the eyes of
the highly knowledgeable members of Parks Canada's digging and laboratory teams.

I am sad because that international connection was a constant reminder that
we are a global enterprise and one country's researches can inform directly
about others.

SHA should ask the Australasian Society for Historical Archaeology and other
kindred organisations for support in explaining how Parks Canada's
archaeological work was of international importance and reach.

I'm sure the sympathies of all historical archaeologists go out to those who
have lost their jobs or whose work conditions placed under threat.

Denis Gojak