HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Christina Rosén <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2012 08:39:09 +0200
Hello, I am Christina Rosén, historical archaeologist in Sweden and
long-time lurker on this list. I have a PhD in Medieval Archaeology but
mostly I'm working with Early Modern sites (although I like a bit of
Early Medieval thrown in now and then). My job is at the Swedish
National Heritage Board (sounds pompous, doesn't it?) doing contract
archaeology and I'm also part of the Early Modern Town project at the
University of Gothenburg http://www.earlymoderntown.com/.
Since I'm totally incabable of doing only one thing at the time, I've
followed several lines of research over the years. My thesis dealt with
rural and urban find assemblages, I've done quite a lot of work on
ceramics, but also on landscape and agrarian archaeology. Right now I'm
trying to put together some thoughts about the concept of urbanism and
its material manifestations as seen in very small towns. How people
handled garbage, manure and all kinds of refuse is part of the question
- a very smelly and down-to-earth topic :-)

Hope to see some of you in Leicester - I'm planning to go there!

SWEDISH NATIONAL HERITAGE BOARD
RIKSANTIKVARIEÄMBETET
http://www.raa.se